Have you ever thought about what goes into the world of Mala candles and the reasons behind it? From the packaging to the wax, we are dedicated to selecting sustainable materials and creating them in small quantities to maintain high quality and care and avoid unnecessary waste.
When it comes to the wax itself, allow us to break down why we actively choose these specific ingredients:
Our hand poured scented coconut-soy candles are crafted from the simplest of ingredients: natural coconut and soy wax
- coconut wax is a sustainable and renewable resource that produces a clean and soot-free burn
- they emit less toxins compared to candles made from paraffin wax while breaking down naturally, which makes them beng less harmful for the environment
- bonus of all this: it produces a longer burn time with the ability to hold scents longer with a smooth and creamy appearance.See, you can be aesthetically pleasing AND good for the environment!
The star of the show: the wicks!
When it comes to our FSC approved wood wicks (which produce maximum cozy feels + bonus ASMR crackling sounds) and lead-free cotton wicks, there is an art to the overall experience :
- wood wicks have the ability to heat your wax evenly for the best burn time
- this is also your reminder to make sure you trim your wicks to a proper height after burning to allow less soot and extend the life of your candle
- you can get thousands of wicks from just one tree. In case you didn’t know, with every order of a 4oz, 8oz, and 16oz candle, we plant a tree!
- definition of FSC Approved:
- FSC = Forest Management Certification. This is the confirmation that the forest is being managed in a way that preserves biological diversity and benefits the lives of local people and workers, while ensuring it sustains economic viability. FSC-certified forests are managed to strict environmental, social and economic standards.
- you can read more about the FSC here!
- our lead-free cotton wicks keep your health and safety at the forefront
- in the candle industry, cotton wicks have been found to product toxic fumes in the air when burned and lead to health concerns in enclosed spaces
- using lead-free wicks do not produce any type of lead at all and are made from natural fibres, cotton, hemp, and are twisted to create the wick under quality control
Our tin vessels are not only made from 25% recycled content and are fully recyclable (check out our recycling program), but they are a safe option to reduce overheating and leaks.
- when a candle is lit in a tin vessel, the metal will quickly absorb and disperse the heat generated by the burning flame to prevent the vessel from becoming excessively hot in the environment and avoid accidental burns!
- it also withstands high temperatures where you will avoid experiencing any leaks
- the durability of a tin vessel is made to handle the heat, stress, pressure, and movement without breaking easily- making it a more safe way to handle a candle
- once your candle has fully burned in a tin vessel, you can reuse it in many ways to make it a new practical household item (place safety pins in there, make it a pen holder, a mini vase… the list goes on)
Now, the part that makes it feel like Christmas morning unwrapping a gift at your doorstep: our candle boxes and packing!
- our packaging boxes are also FSC certified, tree-free, and fully recyclable
- the fit the dimensions of each candle perfectly to avoid any excess waste
- the cards that come in every order are made from 100% post-consumer recycled paper and are recyclable (are you sensing a theme here? 😉)
- and most importantly, your candles are shipped in 100% recyclable cardboard boxes with biodegradable packing peanuts (try running them under water and watch the magic HERE)
with every candle you light you are lighting a connection to nature’s resources and commitment to a cleaner, greener future. Please never hesitate to reach out to us if you have more questions about our ingredients and harmonious process!