Hi Mala fam! Mel here. I thought I'd share a few of my favourite motivational/entertaining/business podcasts that you can listen to whether you're at work, studying, or commuting. (or none of those) I actually picked up listening to podcasts after having to commute 3 hours for university every day! I felt that I was wasting so much time just sitting there, so what better way to get something out of it if you're going to have to be commuting anyway?
Fast forward to today, I try to listen to a podcast episode once per day for inspiration, motivation, or to learn a thing or two that I can apply back into Mala. I've listed a few of my faves below, in no particular order! I'm curious to know if you've listened to any of these! Comment below and let me know, or if you have any other podcast suggestions lemme know please. :)
1) How I Built This: Guy Raz dives into the stories behind some of the world’s best-known companies. How I Built This weaves a narrative journey about innovators, entrepreneurs and idealists—and the movements they built.
2) What Day Is It? is the digital version of happy hour with your besties. PLAY Digital Founder Bailey Stanworth and her right hand gal Jacci Rai are covering every girl problem, life struggle and biz reality there is.
3) The Skinny Confidential: hosted by entrepreneurs and brand builders Lauryn Evarts Bosstick and Michael Bosstick. On this show, you'll find a mix of audio entertainment including interviews with celebrities, entrepreneurs, influencers, experts, and thought leaders.
4) Love Unplugged: Tune in with Jessica Frigon, where it's all about honest, from-the-heart conversations and relatable advice and experiences.
5) Girlboss by Sophia Amoruso: Each week on Girlboss Radio, you'll hear honest conversations with trailblazing women. These women go deep on what it takes to build a successful career or grow a business with staying power—while living life on their own terms and navigating personal and professional curveballs.
6) Oprah's Supersoul Conversations: Hear Oprah’s personal selection of her interviews with thought-leaders, best-selling authors, spiritual luminaries, as well as health and wellness experts.
7) Pivot: Recode’s Kara Swisher and NYU Professor Scott Galloway offer sharp, unfiltered insights into the biggest stories in tech, business, and politics.
8) Coffee Talks by Kalyn Nicholson covers everything from wellness, mental health and learning to live your best life free from self-judgment and doubt.
9) Girls Gotta Eat: Why do guys just want to f*ck you once then stalk your Instagram forever? Should you ditch the apps and meet people in the wild? How do you get over a breakup when you feel like you're gonna die? These are all topics discussed on this hilarious podcast!
10) Lady Gang: Inspired by their bottomless mimosa brunches, each week, a celebrity guest joins the hosts for a raw, honest, and hilarious look at what life is really like under the bright lights of Hollywood.
11) The Papaya Podcast: A weekly show where your host, Sarah Nicole, dishes out some sweetness mixed in with some seeds of wisdom. Get ready to get inspired, get candid, and get real, because we are all in this digital space together.
12) Raw Beauty Talks: Host and health coach, Erin Treloar brings you inspiring stories of individuals who have overcome adversity and practical tools from professionals to help you navigate the highs and lows of life.
We're constantly adding new podcasts we find to this list, so check back for more! (and leave a comment if you have one to add to the list!!)