Asian American + Pacific Islander (AAPI) Heritage Month celebrates the contributions and achievements that generations of AAPI have made to our history, society, and culture.
Given the vast diversity of the AAPI community, it’s important to recognize that the AAPI umbrella is not a monolith. During May, it’s important to give our attention to the concerns and needs of the AAPI community and find ways to support them.
As a proudly Asian-owned and led company, this month means a lot to us and we’re so excited to celebrate it with you. We want to recognize the businesses that amplify and recognize the Asian experience continuously throughout their business. Here are 20 of our favourite AAPI Asian-owned brands that we love.
- Everyday Humans
- Everyday Humans is a WOC-founded, sustainable, sun-led skincare brand that creates innovative basics for better habits.
- Kulfi Beauty
- Celebrates South Asian beauty with fun, vegan, cruelty-free makeup
- Fur Beauty
- Fur makes clean products that hydrate skin, soften hair, and eradicate ingrowns from head to toe.
- A self-care brand that breaks taboos surrounding body and period care.
- Live Tinted
- Clean beauty celebrating TINTED skin
- Chunks offers dozens of barrettes to headbands to combs – you will definitely find the perfect hair accessories for the upcoming Summer weather.
- Notte Jewlery
- Fun jewelry curated in Italy and New York while being thoughtfully made in small batches
- Pixie Mood
- Pixie Mood believes style can be trendy, functional and socially responsible, all at the same time. They are proud to be cruelty-free, 100% vegan and climate positive.
- Leze the Label
- Sustainable workwear that is made from recycled material that feels like pyjamas.
- For the Seconds
- For The Seconds creates timeless, minimal jewelry inspired by the little moments of every day. Water and tarnish-resistant jewelry you can keep on all day.
- Plant-powered supplements for wellbeing that’s clean, expert-formulated, Asian women-owned.
- Omsom provides spice kits that allow any cook to easily create authentically flavored Southeast Asian dishes in 30 minutes flat.
- Nguyen Coffee
- Nguyen Coffee Supply is the first specialty Vietnamese coffee company in America importing directly and roasting in Brooklyn, New York that ethically source organic, single-origin green beans from family-owned coffee farms in the highlands of Da Lat, Vietnam.
- Sparkling water that is made with traditional Asian flavours while incorporating a modern twist.
- Khoe (local)
- A vegan Vietnamese kitchen located in Vancouver, B.C. that features bold and vibrant savoury Vietnamese dishes.
- Material Kitchen
- A Vietnamese-founded company that focuses on Exceptional cooking- and dining ware fashioned for the everyday
- Nu Moon
- Nu Moon is a sustainable lifestyle and botanical decor brand based in Vancouver specializing in pampas grass, palms, dried florals, home decor, weddings, and events.
- Binu Binu
- A brand of modern soaps Each made by hand with 100 percent natural plant botanical ingredients, essential oils and “boricha” (a Korean roasted barley tea).
- Karst Stone Paper
- Planners that are curated under the highest standards of environmental performance, public transparency, and accountability.
- The Sill
- Boost your spirits and environment with their indoor plants and potted houseplants.
Supporting Asian-owned brands not only helps keep their small business afloat during this difficult time, but also amplifies AAPI voices as a form of solidarity. We hope this list inspires you to show up and support Asian-owned and Asian-founded businesses. If we missed any, let us know here.